1921 census

The place for those off topic posts and chat.

Moderator: MaryA

Barbara B

1921 census

Post by Barbara B »

Hello to everyone. I hope you are all keeping well.
Does anyone know if the 1921 census will be released next year? It would be something to look forward to!
Cheers
Barbara
Membership Number 7643

MaryA
Site Admin

Re: 1921 census

Post by MaryA »

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

I know it's the planned date, but that depends on whether Findmypast has been working speedily on the transcription and have it ready for their expected date.
MaryA
Our Facebook Page
Names - Lunt, Hall, Kent, Ayre, Forshaw, Parle, Lawrenson, Longford, Ennis, Bayley, Russell, Longworth, Baile
Any census info in this post is Crown Copyright, from National Archives

Bertieone

Post by Bertieone »

I suspect this bug will hold things up a bit.
Bert

MaryA
Site Admin

Post by MaryA »

You could well be right, unless they are paying transcribers to work from home.
MaryA
Our Facebook Page
Names - Lunt, Hall, Kent, Ayre, Forshaw, Parle, Lawrenson, Longford, Ennis, Bayley, Russell, Longworth, Baile

VicMar1
Site Admin

Post by VicMar1 »

It would seem that the 1921 census will not be released until January 2022 and I assume that is because the 100 yr restriction applies until June 2021. Very disappointing,I was looking forward to seeing it much sooner. :( :(
Interested in Ellison, Roberts, Riley, Raffells, Newman, Klosser, Butler, Carroll, Hough,Ruffe & McCallister.
Any census or bmd information within these posts is Crown Copyright belonging to National Archives

MaryA
Site Admin

Post by MaryA »

Sorry yes, this has always been the planned date, although I feel sure that Findmypast must already have access to it in preparation for the transcribers getting to work.

There has not been as much uproar and requests for early release as there was over say, the 1901 and 1911 censuses, perhaps because the 1939 Register has helped to tide us over.
MaryA
Our Facebook Page