the hughes family of toxteth

For queries within the area of Lancashire between the Ribble and the Mersey.
This board covers the areas of all our Groups - Liverpool, Southport, Warrington, Skelmersdale, Leigh and Widnes.

Moderators: MaryA, VicMar1

vale

the hughes family of toxteth

Post by vale »

Does anyone have a connection to the following, a mary catherine hughes maybe born about 1906, and in the 1950's she was living at 41 south street, also a thomas hughes living at 24 south street maybe married to an evelyn, and another mary catherine hughes living at 58 south street in 1939, born about 1881.
hilary.

MaryA
Site Admin

Re: the hughes family of toxteth

Post by MaryA »

Hi, I'd like to clarify a couple of points.

Was Mary Catherine born Hughes and when she was living in Toxteth in the 1950's was she married and what was her name then?

Was she born in Liverpool, have you found her in the 1911 census, or the 1939 Register?

When would the Thomas has been living in South Street? have you checked freebmd.org.uk for a marriage for him to Evelyn?

The second Mary Catherine - was she living with family in 1939? was she a married woman and do you have any idea of her husband's name and what her maiden name was? If you have her in the 1939 Register what is her full date of birth, do you know if she was born in Liverpool and have you checked the Birth Indexes and baptisms?
MaryA
Our Facebook Page
Names - Lunt, Hall, Kent, Ayre, Forshaw, Parle, Lawrenson, Longford, Ennis, Bayley, Russell, Longworth, Baile
Any census info in this post is Crown Copyright, from National Archives

vale

Post by vale »

Thank you Mary A
The 3 Mary Catherine's 2 were from street directories and the third was from the 1939 census, she poss. could be the daughter of Wm. and Mary. I posted the message because 1939 and 1950 are in terms of family history quite recent and I hoped there could be living relatives.
I do have members of my Hughes family on the 1911 census, but I have not been successful in finding there decendants.
Hilary.

MaryA
Site Admin

Post by MaryA »

Not enough time this evening for me to look into this further, but have you thought of joining any of the Facebook Groups, they are quite eager to speak to current family members.
MaryA
Our Facebook Page
Names - Lunt, Hall, Kent, Ayre, Forshaw, Parle, Lawrenson, Longford, Ennis, Bayley, Russell, Longworth, Baile
Any census info in this post is Crown Copyright, from National Archives